My previous ‘About Me’ page waffled on for ages so in brief:
- I’m a SINK (Single Income No Kids)
in my late 40s, just turned 50!
- At age 40, I finally paid off all my credit card debts and started to save.
- In 2014, I came across the term FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). I set up this blog, devised a plan, began to save more and to invest
- I try to balance enjoying my life in the present while attempting to plan for the future. I don’t practise extreme frugalism
- My plan is to be in a position to not have to work full-time (or at all) by 2025 (or 2024, depending on whether I want to do ‘one more year’)
- This blog is not a ‘how-to’ guide and doesn’t give advice, it’s just a journal documenting my progress, plus some of my occasionally mad thoughts and ideas.
If you want to read more about my story, please see here.
Thanks for stopping by.